rFactor 2 Build 998

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Barnes

Looks like I'm having the same issues as you guys, whenever I change cameras I get a sudden game freeze and 0fps then it works fine again. Obsessionally I get some fps drops or the game freezes. I assumed it was my pc getting slow as I've rendered quite a few videos recently but it looks like it's an issue with the new build :/

Same issue, but survivable, didn't have that with previous build....
specs I think is not relevant as many have more than enough PC resources with the same issue.

Website
www.facebook.com
Team
CoRe SimRacing
I already tried that yesterday with the track+mod only in my root folder and I got the same results. I think the track plays some role here cause other tracks are completely fine, apart from the 0fps thingy while changing cameras.

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
I am going to restart the dedicated server if some people could get on to test that would be good. If its still stuttering we'll move back to 982.

FYI AMD7870 and I haven't seen any issues.

Victor Ivanov

Vice-President
Staff member
Forum Administrator
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
I am going to restart the dedicated server if some people could get on to test that would be good. If its still stuttering we'll move back to 982.

FYI AMD7870 and I haven't seen any issues.
I have the same GPU and as I said - no issues.

I just did 15 laps on the server and no big fps drops so far, only two minor stutters (around 0.05s or so) But, here is what I did just before:
- Set rfactor2 to run in 64-bit mode
- Set texture quality to Medium to reduce memory consumption
- Set texture sharpening (in Player.JSON) to Off to further reduce memory consumption
I don't know if these made any difference, but issue is almost gone.

Last edited:
Website
www.facebook.com
Team
CoRe SimRacing
Same for me, used no AA, also no HDR and did a whole race trim without any screen freeze or bug.

Again, this applies only for this track somehow. Malaysia or Silverstone I tried were completely fine on the highest possible settings.

Victor Ivanov

Vice-President
Staff member
Forum Administrator
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
Same for me, used no AA, also no HDR and did a whole race trim without any screen freeze or bug.

Again, this applies only for this track somehow. Malaysia or Silverstone I tried were completely fine on the highest possible settings.
That's because the track is bad I guess. Before JES fixed it I had massive FPS drops.

I just tested it. Just install the 982 lite build into your actual 998 folder and it overwrites it. all settings etc will be still there. Work of 1min

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSR Server Time

Members online

Discord

Latest resources