New Qualifying Format

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.

Dewald Nel

I don't believe it will let you do more than 12. The only reason it would if on your last attempt you decide NOT to ESC and go around and cross the finish line it will start your 13th lap and you will be DQ'd.
If you do 6 outlaps and bin it before starting the hotlap every time, you'll only have 6 registered laps, so you can still do 2 more single hotlap runs after that and still only reach 12 laps.

for me its really simple.
you can do whatever you want as long as you dont exceed 12 laps(in rF2), 4 times on the timetable and dont do 2 timed laps in a row.

Dewald Nel

for me its really simple.
you can do whatever you want as long as you dont exceed 12 laps(in rF2), 4 times on the timetable and dont do 2 timed laps in a row.
It seems like exactly this, yes. So do 6 outlaps and ESC all you want, so you still have 6 laps left, hence 2 timed laps.

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
So if you go out but you press esc before exit pitlane, rfactor 2 doesnt count the lap(it should be like that before pit exit rfactor doesnt count the lap so it will be still 0/12), but fsr count it as a lap?

What i asked before is:
Qualify starts 0/12
Outlap but let'ssay in the middle of the track you have a problem or contact and you press esc before starting your lap so it's 1/12
You do 1 proper lap so it's 4/12
You start a proper lap but you don't finish it, you press esc before finishing the lap so rfactor 2 counts 6/12
Now have i 2 attempts(2 x in-lap-out) or only one?
If you have 6 laps left you have 2 more timed laps.

A single attempt = 3 laps. When you cross the line or press race that is -1 lap.

DO NOT CROSS THE LINE INTO YOUR 13 LAP, rF2 WILL DQ YOU!

but rF2 only counts -1lap if you leave pit. I guess you`re reffering to the rF2 lap count at any time?

A single attempt = 3 laps. When you cross the line or press race that is -1 lap.

ok good

rfactor count the laps only when you pass the exit line of the pit, if you press esc when you are still in the pit rfactor doesn't count the lap

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
Its the same system SRZ uses only you get double the laps.
They have 6 total, we have 12.
They have 2 timed laps, we have 4.

Dewald Nel

Easiest way to say would be after you cross the finish line completing your 11th lap, don't cross the finish line again or even exit the pits.

Vote to change Qualifying format to a Single 20 minute session, with 4 single lap attempts. This will be in effect for all divisions.
Top 10 will have to start on the tires they qualified on.
The rule says 4 attempts though. That means you do 4 attempts, crash on all 4 and will have only done 8 laps but cant do anymore. This contradicts what others are saying/thinking and is still not clear.

Its the same system SRZ uses only you get double the laps.
They have 6 total, we have 12.
They have 2 timed laps, we have 4.
The rule says 4 attempts though. That means you do 4 attempts, crash on all 4 and will have only done 8 laps but cant do anymore. This contradicts what others are saying/thinking and is still not clear.
I think he cleared it here the difference is that you can't do 2 consecutive timed laps

I think he cleared it here the difference is that you can't do 2 consecutive timed laps
But it contradicts the rule, making it unclear. Attempts is not the same as timed laps.

In SRZ its simple, you crash on your first attempt you only have 4 laps so only 1 more attempt anyway.

I still stand by my first comment about 12 laps however you want as being the most simplest to understand and manage.

Dewald Nel

Just want to comment on this after our first race weekend with it and say that this is by far the most fun and efficient qualifying system that we've had in FSR since I joined.

It keeps up pressure knowing you only have 4 goes, but it felt like we had more time than before, so you didn't have to force yourself to get a lap started before the guys on hotlaps caught you. I was able to bide my time and look for gaps etc.

Also, it takes even less time in total than before, if you account for the break we normally had between Q1 and Q2.

With regards to the tyre rule, I will side with Kuba on this one as a grid with mixed tyre strategies from pole all the way through will make for one helluva race I believe - I am not even sure why the rule exists in real (*insert copyrighted open wheeler racing here*), as it's basically a penalty for being better than the guys from 11 downwards. If the TOA could reconsider it one day, it would be great.

But it's by no means a deal breaker, and the huge improvement in the format alone is more than enough already.

Chris Rabey

ISR Administration
Sporting Department
Media Department
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
I think personally that the new format really hasn't changed anything. To be honest the practice session before Qualifying is like a Q1 session, getting hotlaps in to be prepared for lap that count in the official qualifying.

For me its the best system as well.
drivers and engineer get the whole strategy/timing thing back in their hands. It is more interesting for the viewers because in the end it is the last lap that counts because than you have most real road. so the tension is increasing more and more to the end of the quali.
And I would vote for free tyre choice too.

I liked the new system for similar reasons to Dewald.

But I like the current tyre rules. If you want to go for top 10 and use options then you start on them. If you are outside top 10 its free. Why? Because it spices it up by guys outside top 10 having a go on primes.
If tyres were free then the front row can take primes at the start and it would be quite a train for a long time. Every one would jump jump to options at the first stop and in fact it would be more predictable.

Or we would see the front rows beeing overtaken in the first stint if they start on prime which could bring very interesting aspects in

FSR Server Time

Members online

No members online now.

Discord

Latest resources