New Qualifying Format

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
Qualifying format will change effective as of Round 5 at Silverstone for ALL DIVISIONS!

The Rule:
Qualifying will be a single 20 minute session, 12 Total Laps (consisting of Outlaps, hotlaps, and inlaps) governed by the simulation. More than 12 laps will result in a Disqualification from Qualifying by the simulation.

What this means:
Qualifying will now be 1 Session.
Qualifying length will now be 20 minutes.
Drivers are now limited to 12 TOTAL Laps (this includes inlaps, outlaps, and hotlaps).
Drivers can use their 12 laps any way they want.
Starting a 13th lap, even if it is an inlap, will Disqualify you. This is governed by the Sim and will not be removed.

Top 10 drivers will now start on the tires they Qualified and set a time on (except AMA).
Parc ferme is enabled.

Post questions below.

Last edited:

Daniel Kiss

Team Owners' Association
By in-lap do you mean that we have to actually do it or can we still press ESC?

Victor Ivanov

Vice-President
Staff member
Forum Administrator
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
why two laps in a row should be forbidden? That really makes no sense...

Victor Ivanov

Vice-President
Staff member
Forum Administrator
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
The idea of having twelve laps wasn't to lock players into doing only one time lap at a time but to let them choose whatever q strategy they want. Having drivers doing two time laps will actually mean less drivers on the track rather than more as they will have one attempt less.

Dewald Nel

Nobody will be doing 2 timed laps in a row with these tyres anyway so it doesn't actually matter that you can only do 1 timed lap at a time.

Also, 2 laps times 4 = 8. 3 laps x 3 = 9. So yes, it will be 1 lap less per driver if limited to 1 timed lap only, hence less traffic.

The idea of having twelve laps wasn't to lock players into doing only one time lap at a time but to let them choose whatever q strategy they want. Having drivers doing two time laps will actually mean less drivers on the track rather than more as they will have one attempt less.
I think it should 12 laps open to however you wish to use them.

so if someone fails 3 attempts (only 6 laps) he can do 2 more attempts or only 1? or 1 fail + 1 esc on outlap (3 laps but 2 attempts?) why are we using such complicated rules for no reason, so rd has to check if people makes only 4 attemps of 26 drivers?

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
so if someone fails 3 attempts (only 6 laps) he can do 2 more attempts or only 1? or 1 fail + 1 esc on outlap (3 laps but 2 attempts?) why are we using such complicated rules for no reason, so rd has to check if people makes only 4 attemps of 26 drivers?
When you go out it counts against your lap count.

It takes 2 seconds to check.

Dave Paling

ISR Administration
Media Department
just to clarify, 4x 1 out lap, 1 timed lap, 1 in lap, focusing on the 4x 1 out lap, i take this as you mess up on your out lap or get blocked or crashed into, that counts as one of your out laps, so that is 1 timed lap unable to be completed, leaving 3 more out laps available with 3 possible timed laps available, i dont have a problem with that just clarity for me and others might be useful

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
just to clarify, 4x 1 out lap, 1 timed lap, 1 in lap, focusing on the 4x 1 out lap, i take this as you mess up on your out lap or get blocked or crashed into, that counts as one of your out laps, so that is 1 timed lap unable to be completed, leaving 3 more out laps available with 3 possible timed laps available, i dont have a problem with that just clarity for me and others might be useful
You have 12 laps. If you click race, that counts as a lap, even if you ESC before leaving the pits. Yes that would essentially nullify one of your hotlaps.

Dewald Nel

You have 12 laps. If you click race, that counts as a lap, even if you ESC before leaving the pits. Yes that would essentially nullify one of your hotlaps.
Are you gonna manually check every driver? Because if you press race, and you press esc before crossing the pit exit line, your laps don't increment.

Victor Ivanov

Vice-President
Staff member
Forum Administrator
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
One lap is equal to four attempts or more cars on the track.
I still don't understand the logic behind that rule...

FSR Server Time

Members online

Discord

Latest resources