New Qualifying Format

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.

Daniel Kiss

Team Owners' Association
You have 12 laps. If you click race, that counts as a lap, even if you ESC before leaving the pits. Yes that would essentially nullify one of your hotlaps.
That's what I thought too, but wanted to double-check to be safe. Thanks for clarifying.

So if you go out but you press esc before exit pitlane, rfactor 2 doesnt count the lap(it should be like that before pit exit rfactor doesnt count the lap so it will be still 0/12), but fsr count it as a lap?

What i asked before is:
Qualify starts 0/12
Outlap but let'ssay in the middle of the track you have a problem or contact and you press esc before starting your lap so it's 1/12
You do 1 proper lap so it's 4/12
You start a proper lap but you don't finish it, you press esc before finishing the lap so rfactor 2 counts 6/12
Now have i 2 attempts(2 x in-lap-out) or only one?

Dewald Nel

So if you go out but you press esc before exit pitlane, rfactor 2 doesnt count the lap(it should be like that before pit exit rfactor doesnt count the lap so it will be still 0/12), but fsr count it as a lap?

What i asked before is:
Qualify starts 0/12
Outlap but let'ssay in the middle of the track you have a problem or contact and you press esc before starting your lap so it's 1/12
You do 1 proper lap so it's 4/12
You start a proper lap but you don't finish it, you press esc before finishing the lap so rfactor 2 counts 6/12
Now have i 2 attempts(2 x in-lap-out) or only one?
I think the original post clarifies the second part quite well.

Qualifying format will change effective as of Round 5 at Silverstone for ALL DIVISIONS!

Qualifying will now be 1 Session.
Qualifying length will now be 20 minutes.
Drivers are now limited to 4 timed laps. 4x (1 In-lap, 1 timed lap, 1 out-lap).
Drivers may not do multiple timed laps in a row.
Top 10 drivers will now start on the tires they Qualified and set a time on (except AMA).

Post questions below.
It's the first part that also confuses me, as in my first question post, as you could press RACE a hundred times but if you press ESC before you exit the pits every time, it will still show you as having done 0 laps.

The only way to police that would be viewing all 20 minutes of each driver in quali, which doesn't sound right, so I asked for clarity.

I think the original post clarifies the second part quite well.

It's the first part that also confuses me, as in my first question post, as you could press RACE a hundred times but if you press ESC before you exit the pits every time, it will still show you as having done 0 laps.

The only way to police that would be viewing all 20 minutes of each driver in quali, which doesn't sound right, so I asked for clarity.
It's not realy clear for me, for this reason im asking, because if it's only one attempt means that they have to check that every driver did only 4 attempts not 5…

12 laps anyway you want is by far the simplest. What advantage is made by doing it any different? If someone crashes 3 times on their lap in a row thats 6 laps used and still havent set a time.

Dewald Nel

It's not realy clear for me, for this reason im asking, because if it's only one attempt means that they have to check that every driver did only 4 attempts not 5…
It is very clear in the post. You can only do 4 timed laps, and never 2 subsequently.

12 laps anyway you want is by far the simplest. What advantage is made by doing it any different? If someone crashes 3 times on their lap in a row thats 6 laps used and still havent set a time.
Just quoting the rules, I didn't make them.

Dewald Nel

Yes but in my example i did only 1 timed lap but 3 attempts so no it's not clear yet for me
That part was already answered. Although I think Kris meant if you press ESC after leaving the pits but before starting a hotlap.

You have 12 laps. If you click race, that counts as a lap, even if you ESC before leaving the pits. Yes that would essentially nullify one of your hotlaps.

Dewald Nel

But I agree with your idea. It's the simplest for RDs as well.

Michele is making a good point. Can Kris clarify that? Will it be ok if we go out 5 or 6 times, abondon laps and end up doing just 4 timed laps?

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
This is how it was passed:
Vote to change Qualifying format to a Single 20 minute session, with 4 single lap attempts. This will be in effect for all divisions.
Top 10 will have to start on the tires they qualified on.

Right, so we are only allowed to actually go out only 4 times. You will have to actually manually check if people didnt go out 5 times lol. Does abandoning an out lap count as an attempt?

Tbh it would have been nicer if we had just the 12 laps limit, on dry conditions probably it won't change anything

But if the session is wet, or on a drying track it would be way more enjoyable to stay on the track and push for 2-3 consecutive laps

Tbf from drivers point of view on a dry track having it limited to 4 attempts not just 4 timed laps is a good thing because if you start a lap you can complete it whatever happens, you don't have to start thinking "oh is it good enough, maybe I should abandon". But checking it will take ages for you

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
Right, so we are only allowed to actually go out only 4 times. You will have to actually manually check if people didnt go out 5 times lol. Does abandoning an out lap count as an attempt?
I don't believe it will let you do more than 12. The only reason it would if on your last attempt you decide NOT to ESC and go around and cross the finish line it will start your 13th lap and you will be DQ'd.

Website
www.facebook.com
Team
CoRe SimRacing
Theoretically I don't think it does matter how many times you tried to make a timed lap as soon as you don't do more than 4 timed laps. It would cause confusion and too much time spending on checking drivers if they went out of their pits for more than 4 times, no matter how many laps they set.

No, in theory you can do an out lap, half of the timed lap and press esc somewhere in s2 let's say. Do it 4 times (so 4 attempts) and you only did 8/12 laps. You can still do one more out lap and abandon it, that's 9/12 and STILL do a 6th attempt

No, in theory you can do an out lap, half of the timed lap and press esc somewhere in s2 let's say. Do it 4 times (so 4 attempts) and you only did 8/12 laps. You can still do one more out lap and abandon it, that's 9/12 and STILL do a 6th attempt
yes exactly this is a special case the driver should be retarded xD but yes let's say if we fail one outlap so 1 lap and we fail 1 attempt we can do 5 attempts instead of 4 but there will be 3 timed laps
Can't we just do max 12 laps but never 2 subsequently?

Theoretically I don't think it does matter how many times you tried to make a timed lap as soon as you don't do more than 4 timed laps. It would cause confusion and too much time spending on checking drivers if they went out of their pits for more than 4 times, no matter how many laps they set.
I agree but always max 12 laps

FSR Server Time

Members online

No members online now.

Discord

Latest resources