Hungary

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.

Victor Ivanov

Vice-President
Staff member
Forum Administrator
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
sooooo Pit Stops, if you are first 1/2/3/4 people then you are stuffed, the pit limiter line needs to be moved backwards, it is right next to the pitboxes so you have to slow down more than people going to the end of the pit lane
potential massive crashes in the pits :p

we should put grip on that green astro like in spa that was lower but not that makes you spin, right now if you touch it you die and to me seems stupid. to prevent cuts there are rules not buggy astro

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
we should put grip on that green astro like in spa that was lower but not that makes you spin, right now if you touch it you die and to me seems stupid. to prevent cuts there are rules not buggy astro
When you start doing post race checks then we'll see what you think about the astro.

Victor Ivanov

Vice-President
Staff member
Forum Administrator
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
so we are going to use buggy astro and we have to lift on straights? ok I see
I don't think the astro is buggy, it just has less grip as in like you know, real life. Also there is no astro on the straights and you don't need to lift coming out of corners if you stay on track. I don't believe Kris wants the same situation as Spa. Read the post race checks for Pro and the upcoming for Ace...

Less grip doesnt mean very low grip, right now if you are doing some laps and one lap you a little bit wide touching only with rear external tyre (you cant see if you touch it onboard) you die. I dont want same grip as the track but i want that if you touch it you may lose time not spin immediatly this everything but not real.

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
Less grip doesnt mean very low grip, right now if you are doing some laps and one lap you a little bit wide touching only with rear external tyre (you cant see if you touch it onboard) you die. I dont want same grip as the track but i want that if you touch it you may lose time not spin immediatly this everything but not real.
Well i doubt there is anything in between. If one tire is off on a less grippy surface and you go full throttle you will spin.
I don't know why you have to lift on a straight if you are on track. Stay on track and you won't have problems.

Loss of time during the actual race seems to be the only answer to cutting because obviously the threat of penalties does not prevent it.

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
If you assume people from lower divisions have less skill, and people with less skill have no problems then I don't see why a WC winner would have issues with this.

Well i doubt there is anything in between. If one tire is off on a less grippy surface and you go full throttle you will spin.
I don't know why you have to lift on a straight if you are on track. Stay on track and you won't have problems.

Loss of time during the actual race seems to be the only answer to cutting because obviously the threat of penalties does not prevent it.
well so let's not use it with such low grip. it doesn't prevent anything because if you go a bit wide, something that can happen a lot of times in 70 laps with dirty air or if you have to push you have to cut even more because if you are on the edge like you said you can't stay there because you spin so you have to cut more and avoid the spin. It's the first time that I hear that a league put bugs on track instead of trying to fix it

Track will be out next week. I am increasing the Astroturf grip slightly and I am moving the pit lane entry line backwards so it should help with any issues of crashing at the start of the pit lane. :)

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
well so let's not use it with such low grip. it doesn't prevent anything because if you go a bit wide, something that can happen a lot of times in 70 laps with dirty air or if you have to push you have to cut even more because if you are on the edge like you said you can't stay there because you spin so you have to cut more and avoid the spin. It's the first time that I hear that a league put bugs on track instead of trying to fix it
Well its not a bug, it intentionally has low grip. If it had no grip, like ice, it would be a bug.

Victor Ivanov

Vice-President
Staff member
Forum Administrator
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
Track will be out next week. I am increasing the Astroturf grip slightly and I am moving the pit lane entry line backwards so it should help with any issues of crashing at the start of the pit lane. :)
So we'll have the option to ride the green bit on full throttle? Can't say I'm happy and impressed...

Last edited:
Better have half the field crashing than have half the field getting penalties for cutting...
and if you cut even more now to avoid crashing your laptime will be far out of 101,5% no worries

Dave Paling

ISR Administration
Media Department
ive done a fair amount of laps on the track and i cant see what the problem is with the astro, lets face it, if your touching it your too far off the track and shouldn't be out there, as for the spins on it, only on full throttle driving way too aggressive have i spun,it does what i would expect it to do, make you do whatever you can to avoid going on it and gaining in anyway, if that means running more wing then so be it, personally i wouldnt change the grip level of the astro,

Better have half the field crashing than have half the field getting penalties for cutting...
and if you cut even more now to avoid crashing your laptime will be far out of 101,5% no worries
Do you still agree with what you wrote? If you do, you switched your tv off after 10-15 laps didn't you? the race was shit because everybody cutted pretty much every lap so it was better if half of the field was crashing..

Do you still agree with what you wrote? If you do, you switched your tv off after 10-15 laps didn't you? the race was shit because everybody cutted pretty much every lap so it was better if half of the field was crashing..
I didnt even turn the tv on because I`m not interested anymore in this shitty modern F1 ;)

FSR Server Time

Members online

Discord

Latest resources