Freaking Mo won't give up

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.

Chris de Jong

BANNED
Kuba had it a few laps earlier as well whilst he was super careful. Never the less best battle in ages! New legends rising

That battle was IMMENSE,

I nearly gave it a "like" instead of a "winner" as it seemed to lose so much without the awesome commentary;). But I figured that would be a bit narcissistic so I gave it a "winner".

Nice battle.. By the way, it was a very good decision to put much less real road grip effect on the tyres, exactly so that battles like this one are possible. Only problem really to fix is the fact that the tyres heat up so quickly, specially when the car slides.

Website
www.facebook.com
Team
CoRe SimRacing
Nice battle.. By the way, it was a very good decision to put much less real road grip effect on the tyres, exactly so that battles like this one are possible. Only problem really to fix is the fact that the tyres heat up so quickly, specially when the car slides.
Agreed, I think this mod is pretty spot on how much the real road matters, I remember when the server was reset for the ACE race Michi did a 26.4 after 10 mins with almost no rubber on it and then the track didnt improve by a sec or something like that, I don't think the track gets that faster over a race weekend too. Really great mod and I think many didn't expect many battles using a V6 spec car.

Jim Parisis

No more updates please!!!! ENOUGH :p

David,
With great respect as you are much faster and more knowledgeable than me on the subject of modding ( I know nothing) I am not wholly convinced that 200 deg C surface temps are unrealistic in a slide.

I have this feeling for these reasons.
1) They come out of the blankets at 100 deg B4 any friction based heat. They maintain an average temp of say 100, with much air and surface derived cooling. There could be times that 200 C is reached on the surface to achieve an average of 100 even for a short time.
2) I did some quick googling and found that a Drag cars tread is about 400 deg C after a burnout.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/burnouts-an-appreciation-feature
3) Also found this product promo for infrared temp sensor that goes from -20 to 300C
http://www.izzeracing.com/products/infrared-temperature-sensors.html
The feautred YT video on this page shows a Honda S2000 pulling a maximum of 1.0 lateral G and 120 mph generating what looks like about 100 deg C.

EDIT I also found that to recycle tyre rubber due to its vulcanised state it must be heated to a MINIMUM 399 degC!

The rubber can literally be melted in a slide.
Where there is smoke there is fire??

The motec files I looked at on this mod seemed very normal.

Why bother to disagree?
Well if the tyre model after 12 versions tested since Jan 27th is working well and the racing is good. Is there an urgent need for change due to this number being hit?

With respect
David

Last edited:
1 simple answer, pirelli F1 slick tyres are much more progressive in losing grip in a slide than normal slick tyres. This is why so much heat is wrong, makes a bit more prolonged slides impossible to control, also, makes the tyre carcass stay very high, hence the oversteer and the end of the stint even if front tyres are more worn. 12 versions of tyres tested doesn't mean they are correct, actually, they are far from correct, they are pretty bad actually.

Jernej Simončič

World Championship
WC Team Manager
When on it, please make tire wear 50% lower. We're again at the point when 3 stopper is the tire saving strategy.
And is there any way to move front wing up even more? It kills all the setup and it's just not fun to do big compromise all the time. Or well, can you help with it, how to avoid front wing bottoming without compromising everything else?

FSR Server Time

Members online

No members online now.

Discord

Latest resources