Faster Than Speed ends its 15-year FSR journey next weekend

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.

Ondrej

I wrote this 1 month ago on https://www.facebook.com/groups/FSRHonestlyDiscussed/, that FTS is quitting.

This guy, by no fault of his own probably, replied this:

Christian Smirnoff I should probably get in touch with you to get some FTS info. smile emoticon I actually planted that seed myself back in July. By now, I thought you wouldn't fall for it, and suddenly, surprise!

Anyway as it is official, congratulations, about time.

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
"Even though we chose not to announce it earlier to be able to fully focus on the season, we took this decision with Alex Cosentino and Gabriel Garivaldis back in July. ... We quickly realised that both the ISR Club and FSR had changed a lot throughout the years, deviating a bit from that original vision, that dream of creating the first professional simracing league that Alex and Fernando Piedrabuena originally loved when they decided to start Faster Than Speed."
So FTS decides to leave FSR because it has changed. 2 people that could have and as team owners SHOULD have been involved whine about FSR changing. As TOA Chair I emailed owners of FTS without a single response so I say good luck with whatever else FTS decides to do and a warm welcome to whoever buys or gets your team license.

So FTS decides to leave FSR because it has changed. 2 people that could have and as team owners SHOULD have been involved whine about FSR changing. As TOA Chair I emailed owners of FTS without a single response so I say good luck with whatever else FTS decides to do and a warm welcome to whoever buys or gets your team license.
It is a shame to read such a statement from the ISR Club President, specially when you know all the work FTS members have done for the league, in my case for example, since a decade ago. I think you've done a good job this year and stabilized the league after having 3 different Presidents in a few months and the scandals of 2014. And I think it would be good for the Club if you continued next year. Yet, that statement looks more in line with what the guy above your post would write than something a President would.

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
Its frustrating because team owners should be involved. Especially they cannot even email the TOA Chair back. I'm sorry that the truth hurts but I take it as an offense that they seem to not like the direction FSR is heading but they are not involved even to give feedback.

Its frustrating because team owners should be involved. Especially they cannot even email the TOA Chair back. I'm sorry that the truth hurts but I take it as an offense that they seem to not like the direction FSR is heading but they are not involved even to give feedback.
As I told you privately, what I wrote in my quote was a long-term analysis going some years back, related more to the Club and its members more than to the admin team. It was definitely nothing personal against your presidency which as I said, I believe was a successful one. I clearly didn't aim to get anyone offended with the post, on the contrary, it makes focus on the wonderful memories that FSR will leave on all past and current FTS members, so it's really a pity it has gone that way.

Sorry, but that quote in the article is the most stupid I have read for a long time.

"We quickly realised that both the ISR Club and FSR had changed a lot throughout the years, deviating a bit from that original vision, that dream of creating the first professional simracing league that Alex and Fernando Piedrabuena originally loved when they decided to start Faster Than Speed."

So you basically moan about Sim racing getting popular and more leagues growing up.
FSR was the first professional Sim Racing league and still is professional imo. Other Sims and leagues grew up as well. Do you want to stay forever the only professional league? How shall that work?
We cant get more professional without sim racing generally getting more popular and accepted by society as a real e-sport like Counter-Strike etc. If I tell my reallife friends about sim racing they smile like it is some Need for Speed with a toy wheel. And as long as majority of people think this way, we will never get more professional. So we should not use our power to beat other leagues, we should use it to help growing up the community.

David O'Reilly

Christian I am sorry to hear that FTS will end their FSR journey.
I hope the journey has created many happy and proud memories for you.
15 years is indeed a long time to be in the thick of something as intense as FSR.

I wish you well, I hope that the FSR license is purchased by a good team and that we can see in the manner of Stewart GP-Jaguar-Redbull or Jordan-Force India or Minardi-Toro Rosso a rebirth that does credit to what went before.

Good luck with whatever you do.

FSR Server Time

Members online

No members online now.

Discord

Latest resources