2021: Division Structure + Licensing

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.

Cameron Rodger

FSR President
Forum Administrator
ISR Club President
ISR Administration
Legal Department
PRO Championship
FSR Proudly Presents it's 2021 Division Structure!

Over the winter, a new altered format has been added to Formula SimRacing. This has the intention of removing pre-qualifying and allowing a division for more drivers to race!
PRO and Academy Championships are now "limited" by grid size, and over the past few weeks have been accepting team applications for these divisions. The Administration will now work to form the Team Entries and getting some competitive grids. However, for drivers/team not attending, they will be subject to lose their slot(s) if they miss multiple races in a row. This allows for new slots to be opened during the season, so all is not lost if you do not make it on the initial sign up list! We will have a reserve list and ask them, when spaces are open. So be ready to take a slot, if you are on the reserve list!

However, when doing this we limit the total number of entries and we do not want to be exclusive to new drivers. So we have created a division for these drivers to show their talents and maybe even get picked up for a team in the higher ranks. The Amateur Championship (AMA) returns, allowing up to 30 drivers each event to race. Which their own license category and a driver sign up basis to allow for easy access.

FSR's Divisions in order:
World Championship - Up to 30 of the best drivers and teams in rFactor2 Open Wheel racing.

Teams of up to 2 drivers, Can use reserves from PRO. Max of 3 Reserves for any driver.

Pro Championship - Up to 30 Highly Competitive Drivers and Teams, who may eventually reach the World Championship
Teams of up to 4 drivers, Can use reserves from Academy. Max of 3 Reserves for any driver.

Academy Championship - Up to 30 Skilled Drivers and Teams, who have experience in league racing
Teams of up to 4 drivers, Can use reserves from Amateur. Max of 3 Reserves for any driver.

Amateur Championship - Up to 30 Drivers, who are new to Formula SimRacing and will be looking to move up the license system in the near future.

As with previous years in FSR, Drivers will be given their Driver License level based on their skill (and safety). This is at the discretion of the FSR Administration and it's aim is to make fair and competitive divisions where drivers are racing people of similar ability and experience. Mostly, this is not arguable, but there are many drivers around the "cut-off" points between divisions that can argue their case for being higher or lower.

For a full list of the current Driver Listings. Click this link
https://forum.formula-simracing.net/index.php?threads/driver-divisions-listings.2113/

License Prices 2021
https://forum.formula-simracing.net/index.php?threads/2021-license-price-and-prize-pool.2319/

Last edited:

Cameron Rodger

FSR President
Forum Administrator
ISR Club President
ISR Administration
Legal Department
PRO Championship
Hey Guys,
I just wanted to make a post to clarify the PRO/ACA/AMA situation with teams and entry as i am getting quite a few questions. So I should probably explain more. I don't want teams and drivers expecting things which aren't true.

So, PRO/ACA will have team of UP TO 4, this does not mean a team will get 4 drivers slots. Some will have 4,3,2 or even 1 driver. I have made some rough/base lists from everyone who already did the applications. And to say the truth, PRO/ACA are full and even enough for a full grid in AMA too.

What this means is, we will have to make some (tough) decisions of who to put in each division. At some points a team or driver will miss out, but that is just the nature of it. This also means we may have altered some drivers divisions, purely for the sake of space and only in situations were it was fair for a driver to move up/down.

AMA is NOT A BAD PLACE TO BE!! Don't be disheartened if you are in AMA, You can still 100% be a part of your team, you will still run your teams livery and you will be driving the same car, same setup etc. No reason for a team to kick out a driver for being in AMA, and no reason for a driver to leave a team for being in AMA.

Also try to remove your ego, as there will still be good guys in AMA. What happens if you missed out? There is always the potential for drop outs and people having their slots removed mid season due to lack of attendance. So, in that case we will move teams/drivers up to those slots that come available.
Top 2 finishing drivers get constructors points too, This means teams with 3/4 drivers can rotate a 5th driver into their slots as well keeping your best 2 in the roster all the time for constructors points.

I will be annoyed if people come and beg me for a slot, then not show up for every race! I am being as reasonable and fair as I can, but someone will always miss out in this situation.

Entry Lists will not be finalised until the mod is out anyway.
Thank you for your understanding

Cameron Rodger

FSR President
Forum Administrator
ISR Club President
ISR Administration
Legal Department
PRO Championship
Additionally, the team slots are purely based off the drivers I am being told are confirmed. The lists will remain provisional until those said drivers are signed up. If a team doesn't sign up those drivers, or tries to sign up others they risk losing their slots.

FSR Server Time

Members online

No members online now.

Discord

Latest resources