2021 Car Mod + In-Season Update!

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.

Cas Rietveld

Vice President
Staff member
Forum Administrator
ISR Club President
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
Sporting Department
Team
NetRex
That's 28 laps into the race Cas, there is realroad evolution. If we want to compare apples with apples we compare quali pace with opening stint-simples.
Which I literally did a few messages up..
Let me quote it for you
Let's have a look at the AMA race pace on full tank. The AMA winner did on average around 31.3 Soft stint with a fastest lap of 30.7, which is also the overall FL(Clean air). The WC winner did average 30.1 in his first Stint. Already a whopping 1.2 seconds faster, also likely less RR because of a smaller grid. And then let's have a look at the FL in the race: A 1:28.9.. That is 1.8 seconds quicker than AMA.

So yes, the gap from AMA to WC is huge.

Oh, and btw. WC pole was 27.9 compared to a 29.2 in AMA. ;)

Carlos Martín

Team Owners' Association
Preseason Championship
My studies of competitor tyre wear in the results files shows front /rear wear deltas of up to 40-50%. EG front 28% rear 78%.
Is this due to drivers needing to use understeery setups to counter the "issue" or does it show "bulletproof" rears?
This is wrong. There are different ways to treat the tires, pushing more the front or pushing less the rears. The highest delta front rear was about 30% (Jan did this) and the lowest deltas were 12% (Petar, Jernej...). If you believe it's just set up related, Jan has 30% and I had 15% delta, so there isn't much to say in this aspect. Has nothing to do with the issue since it happens more frequently in the following situations:

1) Qualy
2) Race when you are on hards

The fact that it did not happen in WC during the race it says more about the quality of the field rather than another other thing. It did happen during qualify, you can spot drivers having some issues. It happened a lot at Nurburgring, in the Schumacher "S".

I could spend the whole day answering you, but I won't do here.

I have to say I'm not surprised that you didn't read any single message of people complaining since you blocked 80% of the FSR discord. I don't understand why keep insisting on a fact that you won't notice a difference if you weren't told that this change was happening (Drivers that didn't spot an issue before won't spot a difference now).

I'm not even racing this year and I know about the problems with the car, the FSR discord has been full of people complaining about it for months. Multiple drivers even quit the league from various divisions because of problems with the car, it has hardly been some kind of underground unnoticed issue. Cameron explained all of this perfectly well in his main post at the beginning of this thread anyway.
So Mark again its easier to say I'm in the wrong than it is to illuminate the issue further?
There have been lots of complaints but the ones I have read have related to the difficulties in passing such as dirty air (too much) slipstream (too little). I have been unaware that there was an issue of a sudden loss of rear grip. So I asked for more information and seemed to have run into a team of defence lawyers.

I did my bit and turned up to all the test races, gave feedback, read the feedback from other drivers.
The moment I ask a reasonable question I run in to a shitstorm of criticism. Welcome to FSR.

Last edited:

Victor Ivanov

Vice-President
Staff member
Forum Administrator
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
I gave you the information but you keep refusing to accept it David. You caught up to my "you're missing the point" and completely ignored the rest of the post which specifically explains what and where happens and what exactly the change of the tyres is. I would suggest you instead of arguing here on something that won't be reverted to go drive and test the change. You might actually like it.

David O'Reilly

You caught up to my "you're missing the point" and completely ignored the rest of the post which specifically explains what and where happens and what exactly the change of the tyres is
Yes I probably did-sorry.
I would suggest you instead of arguing here on something that won't be reverted to go drive and test the change. You might actually like it.
Yes I definitely will.
Thanks for your efforts.

Robin Pansar

Steward
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
Sporting Department
World Championship
Preseason Championship
My studies of competitor tyre wear in the results files shows front /rear wear deltas of up to 40-50%. EG front 28% rear 78%.
Is this due to drivers needing to use understeery setups to counter the "issue" or does it show "bulletproof" rears?
You are partially correct, but I would say that this is more an issue with the tyre model. It's very old and dated, so many issues with it, one of them is poor front-rear wear balance control. On the newer models, the front-rear wear balance is way easier to control.

FSR Server Time

Members online

Discord

Latest resources