2017 FSR Administration

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.
Racing car without number looks kinda silly. Maybe of little use, it's still a nice tradition and design feature.

Dewald Nel

Racing car without number looks kinda silly. Maybe of little use, it's still a nice tradition and design feature.
In other words, the current system is fine, and either way I'm fine whether we keep it or change it. But do you really notice the numbers on the cars on the broadcasts? How many other drivers' numbers would you be able to recall without looking it up, right now?

In other words, the current system is fine, and either way I'm fine whether we keep it or change it. But do you really notice the numbers on the cars on the broadcasts? How many other drivers' numbers would you be able to recall without looking it up, right now?
You could say something similar about cars itself, nobody notices what is your front wing color or whatever. Anyway, i'm not sure what's the point of this, everything has it's little detail that maybe unnoticeable but still make overall picture nicer.

And we should keep that nice little detail. But I disagree on creating a job just for this when we have way more important jobs to get done.

Dewald Nel

You could say something similar about cars itself, nobody notices what is your front wing color or whatever. Anyway, i'm not sure what's the point of this, everything has it's little detail that maybe unnoticeable but still make overall picture nicer.
Not saying we should remove it as it currently is... :rolleyes:

John-Eric Saxén

Court of Appeal
IMO the only point with numbers is that you can associate a certain driver with a certain number, which really doesn't work in FSR because teams switch drivers all the time, especially in the lower categories. The number serves as an identifier for the driver, which doesn't work unless you tie it to the driver.

Cameron Rodger

FSR President
Forum Administrator
ISR Club President
ISR Administration
Legal Department
PRO Championship
Its not just assigning numbers, but also being sure that the mod updates have the correct numbers as well. From first hand experience, people don't get this right even when the number is assigned.

The current system also is a bragging rights of sort, the lower your number the better you placed the previous season. Combine with the fact these are not recorded by most people in GPCOS, it makes little point to putting so much effort ANYWHERE else that more effort would be needed.

To be honest I am not really sure of the point of numbers in formula racing, its not like the commentators are saying "the #44" at all (unlike NASCAR).
First of all that was one way of getting my first negative ratings....

Secondly I must be the only person who cares then :p i realise its an easy thing to look over but it isnt mich different from the system we already have so you point about the mod updates is invalid, so considering alot of people dont care about their numbers, thats fine. But I think there should be a system (because clearly you think assigning someone a job is pointless) where you can choose your race number if u want one, if not you will just get the number from constructors order like current... maybe you all misunderstood and thought I was making it a bigger deal than it is.

Also it is a form of Identification and I realise F1 is basically the only Top tier motorsport that doesnt use race number commonly but we are not F1 we just use the car :p

anyway if u think its pointless then thats the President/TOA's decision and I accept that, but i am here offering to organise it if you want, don't see why we can't use a number we want :p

Well. I dont want anybody stealing #1 and #2 when my team wins the championship. I pretty much like the actual number system since it automatically shows last year performance. But in reality I really dont care. I even dont know my own number lol

John-Eric Saxén

Court of Appeal
Also it is a form of Identification and I realise F1 is basically the only Top tier motorsport that doesnt use race number commonly but we are not F1 we just use the car :p
It doesn't work as identification the way you think because drivers switch teams or have other drivers subbing them, in Pro alone there has been 50 drivers this year doing one or more races. The only way to have it work as identification is for each driver to carry a permanent personal number as they do in F1 since 2014, but that would require re-painting the car every time a driver moves or replaces another, and no team is going to bother doing that, plus we would run out of permanent numbers quickly.

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
Well. I dont want anybody stealing #1 and #2 when my team wins the championship. I pretty much like the actual number system since it automatically shows last year performance. But in reality I really dont care. I even dont know my own number lol
#38 for HRT and #05 for NX ;)

Cameron Rodger

FSR President
Forum Administrator
ISR Club President
ISR Administration
Legal Department
PRO Championship
I spoke to some people and they found it confusing, so just to clarify, it is the same system as we have now but instead of just being set car #5 and #6 for finishing 3rd in 2016 constructors, you will be 5th / 6th in line to choose your number IF you do not want #5 or #6. Then after 2016 team order it will be in order of sign up like normal....

I also understand this doesn't need to be a set 'Job' in the administration but i didn't know where else to post it :p

My initial idea for for each division, however to make it more relevant it maybe easier to do it for the whole of FSR and allow 3 digit numbers if there is more than 99 drivers, so you have your number and can be identified by your number

Cameron Rodger

FSR President
Forum Administrator
ISR Club President
ISR Administration
Legal Department
PRO Championship
I did say
"Winning teams from 2016 will have the opportunity to have Cars #1 + #2 for 2017."
maybe i should add that they are the ONLY team that could choose #1 or #2 :)

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
I would like to give my position for nomination, if there is a volunteer for it I would step down. Its because of my working time which is 2 on 2 shifts I can do it without problem, but sometimes I will miss races as RD and have to engage someone of the others admins which is not correct if this happens every 2 races.

Website
youtube.com
Would that only be at the races of your own choosing, or...
*sigh* Really? I'm losing more and more of my little respect I still had for you.

To me it smells like you wanna make fun of me instead of being overly comical, so I should be expected to laugh along?

It's been long while ever since I left ACR/FSR 2016...and while I might not be the best driver on the grid, nor one that could make it all like pros, I still tried. And what happened was a misunderstanding from both sides, like c'mon. It happened, it happens, and it was a while ago. Time to move on.

Unless you got nothing better to do than screw with people, including me?

P.S. If I do happen to get the position, I'll make sure to poke your nose in the broadcast ;)

Last edited:
I'd be interested in some sort of media role. Aiming to potentially become a sports journalist (and specifically a motorsport journo) when I leave University and you gotta start somewhere hey! Like to think I can write in a half decent manner also..

Well. You`re good to understand for me as non native english speaker. Some emotions in the voice would be nice :D

But obv wrong place to discuss that here. Just write anybody of Media Team a PM to discuss that stuff.

FSR Server Time

Members online

Discord

Latest resources