2017 FSR Administration

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
2017 Open Positions
Consideration for all positions should take careful thought. These positions take up alot of time and effort in order to run a successful league.
ISR Club Documents are found here: http://racefiles.formula-simracing.net/ISR Club Documents/

ISR Club President nomination will start in November. If you wish to put your name forward please ask an ISR Club Board member to nominate you (myself, John-Eric Saxen, David Greco, etc.).
None of these positions should be taken lightly, especially the ISR Club President takes alot of time to even do it remotely right.

____________________________________________________________________________________

International SimRacing(ISR) Club President
Overview:
Ensure smooth, effective, and efficient running of the ISR Club and all its leagueas and divisions
Appointment: Elected by ISR Club
Responsibilities: Highest authority in ISR. Appoints other positions. Must understand all ISR Club Documents. Fill in for any positions that are not filled or has vacated. Has a vote on ISR Club Board. Responsible for accounting aspects of the club, with the Treasurer. Oversees assets and liabilities of the ISR Club. Has a vote on ISR Club Board.

ISR Club Vice President
Overview:
Ensure smooth, effective, and efficient running of the ISR Club and all its leagues and divisions
Appointment: Appointed by President
Responsibilities: Assists ISR Club President as needed. Has a vote on ISR Club Board.

ISR Club Treasurer
Overview:
Assists President with Accounting of the Club.
Responsibilities: Takes payments and records into ledger, makes payments as needed. Has a vote on ISR Club Board.

World Championship Race Director
Overview:
Race Director, post-race incidents judge
Responsibilities: Head steward and Race Director on race weekends. Make sure Drivers and Teams understand rules. Perform the various post-race checks. Involvement with creating rules with other directors and admins. Has a vote on ISR Club Board.

ACE Championship Race Director
Overview:
Responsibilities: Head steward and Race Director on race weekends. Make sure Drivers and Teams understand rules. Perform the various post-race checks. Involvement with creating rules with other directors and admins. Has a vote on ISR Club Board.

PRO Championship Race Director
Overview:
Responsibilities: Head steward and Race Director on race weekends. Make sure Drivers and Teams understand rules. Perform the various post-race checks. Involvement with creating rules with other directors and admins. Has a voice on ISR Club Board.

Assistant Race Directors
Overview:
Assist and backup Race Directors as needed
Responsibilities: Has a voice on ISR Club Board.

Media Director
Overview:
Head of Media Team
Responsibilities: Lead Media Team in Broadcasts and Highlights. Lining up commentators and broadcasters for the 3 FSR Divisions every race. Has a voice on ISR Club Board.

Press Director
Overview:
Head of Press Team
Responsibilities: Lead Press Team to post articles in timely manner. Submit articles to any partners for publishing. Has a voice on ISR Club Board.

Marketing Director
Overview:
Head of Marketing Team
Responsibilities: Lead Marketing Team. Work Directly with partners for sponsorships. Submit proposals to President. Find new partners. Has a voice on ISR Club Board.

Technical Director
Overview:
Head of Technical Team
Responsibilities: Make sure Mod and Tracks are up to FSR Standards. Lead Technical Team and troubleshoot issues. Has a voice on ISR Club Board.

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
2017 Open Positions (continued)

Media Team
Broadcaster(s)

Ideally 1 per division with several backups
Internet connection and graphics MUST be top-notch

Commentator(s)
Ideally 2 per division

Highlights Editor
Same as Broadcaster, Internet Connection and graphics need to be top-notch

Script Writer

Highlights Commentator

Press Team
Article Writer

Ideally 1-2 per division
Another 1-2 for summary and preview articles

Social Media Manager
Writes FB and Twitter posts
Ideally available during races
Ideally 1-3 people or 1 per division

Marketing Team
Account Manager

Works with current Partners and tries to get new partners.

Technical Team
Track Team

Assist with creating and modifying tracks for the season.

Mod Team
Assist with creating and modifying the cars for the season, applying livery updates, etc.

Last edited:

Victor Ivanov

Vice-President
Staff member
Forum Administrator
ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
I can do RD, obviously in a league where I don't race :D

Matthew Tuson

ISR Administration
Team Owners' Association
Media Department
Technical Department
WC Team Manager
PRO Championship
Team
Invictus Motorsports
I'll apply to help with the cars and tracks again for this year

Jernej Simončič

World Championship
WC Team Manager
I would love to help with tracks (specifically fixing old hockenheim), but I have really limited knowledge and need to learn a lot.

Chris Rabey

ISR Administration
Sporting Department
Media Department
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
I'm more than happy to help out in the press, social media and broadcast departments if there's spaces :)

David O'Reilly

I'll be standing down as Marketing Director.
I will be available to assist the new person with any and all information and background required.
I will produce a sponsor report for 2016 at the conclusion of the season.

Dave Paling

ISR Administration
Media Department
I should be available for commentary, on which division depends on which division ill be racing in

Cameron Rodger

FSR President
Forum Administrator
ISR Club President
ISR Administration
Legal Department
PRO Championship
I would like to create a job and also apply for that job. Some may see it as unnecessary but many, like me, won't.

Car Number Director
Overview:
Head of Driver/Team Car Numbers
Appointment: Appointed by President???
Responsibilities: Carrying out the procedure of Teams and/or Drivers selecting their race number for 2017.

So in the past this has been rejected as it is an unnecessary work load for Admins, however I will be willing to fill this spot. Below is my potential procedure

For Each Division:
Going in order of 2016 Constructors results (and also sign ups of new teams) the team/drivers will allocate the race numbers, if your number has been taken before you must choose another number (obviously). Winning teams from 2016 will have the opportunity to have Cars #1 + #2 for 2017.

If a team or driver does not allocate a number within a designated time limit (yet to be decided) their team will go to the bottom of the pack for their allocation and may loose out on the numbers they want.

If a team/driver isn't bothered by their number.... after all allocations have been made the place they finished 2016 constructors will be used (in the event of this number being taken the next available one will be used)

After allocation the team has those number set in stone for 2017 so Car 1 could be #22 and car 2 could be #87 no matter if there is driver swaps etc.(Depending on how it works out we maybe able to have 1 'dumby' change for each team before the season starts, for instance)

I realise this sounds A) confusing B) waste of time but I think there will be many drivers who want their own number. I can also make these rules much simpler if only a few people want their own numbers :D

please give feedback

Last edited:

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
Its not just assigning numbers, but also being sure that the mod updates have the correct numbers as well. From first hand experience, people don't get this right even when the number is assigned.

The current system also is a bragging rights of sort, the lower your number the better you placed the previous season. Combine with the fact these are not recorded by most people in GPCOS, it makes little point to putting so much effort ANYWHERE else that more effort would be needed.

To be honest I am not really sure of the point of numbers in formula racing, its not like the commentators are saying "the #44" at all (unlike NASCAR).

Dewald Nel

Its not just assigning numbers, but also being sure that the mod updates have the correct numbers as well. From first hand experience, people don't get this right even when the number is assigned.

The current system also is a bragging rights of sort, the lower your number the better you placed the previous season. Combine with the fact these are not recorded by most people in GPCOS, it makes little point to putting so much effort ANYWHERE else that more effort would be needed.

To be honest I am not really sure of the point of numbers in formula racing, its not like the commentators are saying "the #44" at all (unlike NASCAR).
Agreed. Even without numbers, nobody would care. I don't even know what my own number is. :p

EDIT: But I see the point of it in reality (identification purposes - "Car 44 Under Investigation" etc., so that you have a clear distinction. But we have no use for it in FSR.

FSR Server Time

Members online

Discord

Latest resources