New Qualifying Procedure

• Please use your REAL NAME when registering.

Kris Cobb

Website
avidchronicracing.com
Team
Avid Chronic Racing
Due to bugs in the ISI Knockout Qualifying plugin, we will go back to the old way of Qualifying.
Q1 will be in the Practice 2 session.
Q2 will be in the Qualifying session.

This means that there will be NO PARC FERME in Q1.
Q2 will still feature Parc Ferme as it has been this year.

During Q2 only the TOP 10 drivers that posted a time may be out on track. If you are on track and should not be you will be penalized!

Nothing else changes, just which session you will be in!

I would like to propose a new system for Qualification. Now Qualification in my opinion is too long, pointless lapping for 35 minutes (Q1 20 mins, Q2 15 mins), boring for spectators on broadcast, people loves action.

Yesterday we discussed it in TOA Chat I want to propose 3 options:

1) 20 minutes only one Qualification, 12 laps, Parc Ferme (that would avoid smoking engines), top 10 start with same compound from Q.
2) 10 minutes only one Qualification, 6 laps, Parc Ferme, top 10 start with the same compound.
3) Q1 10 minutes, Q2 5 minutes, 1 flying lap.

I like less laps during Q, that shows who has nerves to do it, not only hotlapping is important. 1) and 2) you can take a breath, not only escape and drive, you can choice the time when there is less traffic on the track, because now I doubt anyone is doing it and we are obliged to leave a gap before our flying lap, that interferes to drivers on their flying laps.

Website
www.facebook.com
Team
CoRe SimRacing
I like the first one, it gives the drivers time to breath and concentrate for their tries, plus it gives the broadcast more room to talk about what is going on during Q, and show more onboards as there wont be cars all over the track during the whole session. The last 2 sound too short to determine the whole grid.

Daniel Kiss

Team Owners' Association
I really liked the old Q2 format (top 10 goes out 1 by 1), too bad we can't do that anymore due to the live weather plugin.

Jernej Simončič

World Championship
WC Team Manager
1 is perfect, it's spot on, absolutely best in every possible view and we should use it immediately without any hesitation at all. Though what does 12 laps mean? Do you get 3 laps with doing outlap, hotlap and esc just after the finish line?

Website
www.facebook.com
Team
CoRe SimRacing
1 is perfect, it's spot on, absolutely best in every possible view and we should use it immediately without any hesitation at all. Though what does 12 laps mean? Do you get 3 laps with doing outlap, hotlap and esc just after the finish line?
Yeah, exactly that. Which means 4 timed laps.

You can do 10 timed laps if you want :p But ye 4 timed laps most likely, with pressing Esc after flying lap.

1 Lap Q definitely mixes up the top 10 alot more, with added pressure. However this was scraped when live weather was brought in due to it being unfair when rain was involved.

You could have a static realroad for it but then water wont stick to the track when you move session ( unless its already there from previous?).

FSR Server Time

Members online

Discord

Latest resources